Let’s delve into what was happening in NYC in the 1960’s in the upper echelon of society.
We will learn all about Truman Capote and his “party of the century” aka The Black & White Ball and its role in re-establishing NYC as THE undisputed Cultural and Nightlife Capital of the world. We will see numerous photos from the party – learn all about the guest list – and be dazzled by the high fashion and famous faces of the day.
Some scintillating questions that will be answered in saucy detail include:
- What defined being a part of New York Society where wealth was not the only judgement factor?
- Who were these society women and what were their life motivations?
- How did this humble author infiltrate the hard to crack heights of New York Society?
- What was Truman Capote’s downfall?
- How did this single party influence New York City for years to come?
Let’s all create some fun Black & White Ensemble to wear (casual or fancy or somewhere in between – totally up to you) as we listen and learn to Kevin about this game changer of a party and a decade.
This talk is being created CUSTOM for our group. This will be the first time Kevin will be sharing his words with an audience – OURS! YAY! OOH YES! Let’s GO!